Saturday, April 20, 2013

SNOW DAY

As the north thaw from a cold winter, Jennifer reflects on the images she made
during her Thanksgiving visit back home.  Shooting in harsh climatic weather
can be both frustrating and rewarding.







It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a snowfall, and so I was childishly excited about the  inch-and-a-half of snow that fell while I was in Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving. I had forgotten how snow makes the landscape a soft, blank canvas where footsteps and errands get scribbled with black lines. The snow kept falling, but people in the neighborhood needed to keep up with their lives, going for a run or going to pick up kids at school. What I started to see in the snow was not the snow itself, but the blank spaces left by moving cars and people. No one stayed to enjoy the snow. Even the sky was empty, the sun seemingly just gone, the sky a blank gray. 









JKay

No comments:

Post a Comment